Check out the sweet gift I made for the hubby. It’s a little fru-fru, but, whatevs.
Here’s how to make your own:
- Find your perfect 8 x 10 frame. I searched two thrift stores for a pretty frame, but I couldn’t find anything I liked. I bought this silver frame from Michael’s.
- Find pretty paper for your frame. I found this light gold, textured paper in Michael’s scrapbooking section. I bought a 12 x 12 piece of paper and cut it down to fit in my printer.
- Design your “I love you because” graphic. I used InDesign, but you can certainly play around with the text in Microsoft Word until it appears as you like it.
- Print out your graphic, trim the paper down to 8 x 10, and slap it in your frame.
- Cover dry erase marker (unless you can find a pretty one) in ribbon using hot glue to secure it. Tie a bow if you’d like the added fru-fruness.
- Add a ribbon to the top of your frame to hang it from the wall. I knotted ribbon onto the picture hanger on the back of the frame. Then, I sewed a bow to the ribbon and embellished with a gold button to match the gold paper.
- Write your message!
Here’s how it looks hanging on the wall:
And there you have it — a quick and easy gift for the one you love!