This summer I scored A TON of free wine corks for a winery in Hamburg, New York. Talk about a sweet score, huh? I saw all of the corks in a bucket and asked what they did with them. The woman working told me they threw them away! CRAZY! So I scooped up hundreds of corks to take home and am nowhere close to using them all.
When we were at the winery, my cousin asked me to make her daughter a wine cork letter for her room, so I did a variation of my wine cork “S” post.
- Wine corks
- Small wooden letter
- Hot glue
- Space out the corks on the wooden letter.
- Hot glue the corks straight to the wood.
- When the corks are all secure, place a glob of glue at the bottom of the letter to secure the ribbon.
- Place glue along the center of the corks, securing the ribbon as you go.
- When the ribbon is wrapped all the way around, fold the end under and secure with glue.
- Tie a bow out of the ribbon and pin it to the cork using a tack.
- Embellish bow with a button.