Hey blog, heyyyy. Guess what?! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
OK, so it’s not a “real” award with a prize of any sort — it’s a way for bloggers to give kuddos to other bloggers who are new to the game. And it is awesome! A huge THANK YOU to Kendra at Pots, Pans & Paintbrushes for the blog love and nomination!
- Write 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator set for you
- Create 11 questions for your nominees
- Nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
So, here goes nothing…
11 random things about me:
- I am a hypochondriac. For realz. I diagnose myself with some new illness on a weekly basis. After freaking out for a bit, I can usually laugh it off, so that’s good. With that comes my inexplicable fear of throwing up. Weird, huh?
- Practically the only books I am willing to reread are the Harry Potter books. I’m rereading them again right now and am on the second book. They get better every time.
- My initials spell my name: J.E.S. = Jess! Cool, huh?
- I am a die-hard Springsteen fan. I’ve touched him several times (man, that sounds creepy), sang into the mic at a concert, strummed his guitar AND have a guitar pick. I am slightly obsessed… it’s a family thing.
- I am Polish. That isn’t relevant to my life except at Christmas when we eat pierogies and anise-flavored sugar cookies. Not a bad time to be a Pole.
- I love AP Style. I look for errors everywhere. Yes, I am that person. Sorry in advance.
- My life goal is to climb a water tower.
- I am a shoe addict. It’s sort of under control right now, but it can sure be deadly.
- I love power tools. I really want a mitre saw and a biscuit joiner for Christmas.
- I love to dance at weddings. It’s basically the best thing ever. That person bustin’ a move on the dance floor while no one else is groovin’… that’s me (much to my husband’s dismay).
- I have a zillion nicknames for my dog, Remmy. I think it is extra funny when they catch on with my husband because some of them are ridiculous: Rem, Reminem, Snug, Snug as a bug, Snug as a bug in a rug, Snuggliest guy, Bestest guy, Doog Doogleson, Super Sniffer, Homeboy… the list goes on.
Response to Kendra’s Questions for Me
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Can I only choose one? Mint chocolate chip… or something with chocolate and peanut butter. I’ve got the world’s largest sweet tooth, so I don’t discriminate when it comes to ice cream.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? I’d be able to fly. I absolutely hate airplanes, so if I could fly myself places that would be really convenient. And really cheap!
- What inspired you to start blogging? Beckie at Infarrantly Creative. Her blog is awesome and gave me the idea to start my own. I don’t think I would have ever started had I not stumbled across her blog. It’s pretty awesome.
- Where is your most unique scar, and how’d you get it? It’s sort of disappeared now, but I used to have a scar on my knee that I got from running into a lake. I actually used to run or fall into bodies of water a lot when I was younger, but one time we were at Storybook Land and I was running down a hill with a lake at the bottom. The lake was covered in moss or some other green stuff, so I didn’t really see it there (I was really little), so I ran right in and scraped my knee pretty bad. The best part was when my mom took me to the first aid station, the woman chided her for letting me “swim” in the lake since there are snakes in it. Yikes!
- If you could drop everything to pursue your dream career, what would it be? I’d be a full-time craft blogger. The hardest part about having a blog you post on on a regular basis is finding the time to make the things you want to post about — especially during the winter and during holiday season. We have no place in my house that is really meant for using power tools that create big messes (like a saw), so those projects have to be saved for weekends and evenings. But in the winter it gets dark so early and we are so busy on weekends, it seems I never have time to execute the many plans I have stored in my brain. How cool would it be to do this as my job job? So cool.
- How many kids do you have or want? Three. I have none, but three seems like a solid number.
- We’re going on vacation. Where are we going? California! I’ve never been and desperately want to go. Can you say Nappa Valley and San Francisco? Yes, please!
- What is your favorite motto/quote/saying? I always say, “I do what I can” and “It is what it is.” I’m not always great at taking compliments, and I try not to sweat the stuff you can’t control. It is what it is.
- We’re opening a restaurant. What kind of restaurant are we opening? Mexican. Duh. I could eat some sort of Americanized Mexican food every day of my life. Extra guacamole, please.
- Name a guilty pleasure. I like Glee. A lot. I know a lot of people like that show, but since it is about high schoolers singing all of the time and about their problems, well I probably should like it as much as a do. It’s awesome though. I can’t get enough.
- What are your top three arts and crafts weapons? Glue gun, nail gun, staple gun. The only guns I like.
My questions for my nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What’s your favorite candy?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- You’ve won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store of your choosing…. where are you shopping and what are you buying?
- Dog person? Cat person? Crazy sorta pet person?
- If you could meet any famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite book and what is so great about it?
- Are you a tattoo person? How many and what are they of?
- You’re hosting the President for dinner… whatcha making?
- Who do you look up to?
- If you had one tip to offer other bloggers, what would it be?
My Liebster Blog Nominees
- Little King’s Confections
- Idle Wife
- Dandelions on the Wall
- Knitty Baker
- Morena’s Corner
- The New Crochet
- Wrapped Up in Rainbows
- Sketchy Notions
- Minted Strawberry
- Partycraft Secrets
Thanks again for the blog love, Kendra!