Need quick and easy gifts to give this holiday season? Over the next few days I’ll be sharing some super simple, super affordable gift ideas — all made with things you probably already have around the house.
Today’s gift idea: Wine Cork Wine Charms
Brilliant, right? Who wouldn’t want to make a wine accessory out of something that comes in wine?!
- Wine corks
- Permanent Marker or Stamps
- Hoop Earring findings
- Jump Rings
- Cutting tool
- Using a knife, scissors, or any other cutting tool, CAREFULLY cut your cork into half-inch thick pieces. I recommend creating sets of 4 or 6, so cut enough to make as many sets as you’d like to gift.
- Using a permanent marker or a stamp, draw or stamp your design onto each cork sliver. It is important to note that each design should be easy to remember and different from one another. For example, I drew numbers (well, my neighbor did) on my corks. If I had stamped different scrolly patterns on each, you’d never remember whose wine was whose.
- Drill a hole through the top of each sliver. Test out your drill bit size on a scrap piece of cork.
- Put your jump ring through the hole and tighten.
- Attach your hoop earring finding by looping it through the jump ring and bending the straight end into a sharp angle. This will prevent the circle on one end of the finding from sliding off of the other end and will allow it to stay on the wine glass.
- Fill up your wine glass, add your charms and end enjoy!
Like the idea of wine charms but don’t have a ton of extra corks around the house? Try making these other holiday themed charms.
Christmas Cookie Cutter Wine Charms
1 thought on “DIY GIFT GUIDE: Wine Cork Wine Charms”
Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in fact used to
be a amusement account it. Glance complicated to far introduced
agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?