Hello, hello, helloooooo! I am so excited to share this project with you! Yes, yes… I know I’ve gone a little wreath crazy lately. BUT, I am happy to share with you that you can make pretty wreaths for far less than I ever thought possible. My secret: The Dollar Store.
I visited our local Dollar Tree and it was a craft supply haven! I found wreath forms and fake flowers galore! GALORE! They had grapevine wreaths and green wreath forms (not really sure what those are called). I picked up six wreath forms and dozens of flower bunches. SO excited. I have two huge vases full of flowers now. WINNING.
The flowers aren’t quite as nice as what you’d get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby — but the flowers there are so pricey. SO PRICEY! Some of the bunches are $12.99! Everything at the Dollar Store is, well, $1. Duh. Can’t beat that.
I made two wreaths out of my new supplies and I still have a ton of everything left. Here’s what you do if you want to make your own dollar store wreath.
1. Buy supplies at the Dollar Store.
2. Pick out the flowers you’d like to place on your wreath form. I chose to use my grapevine forms for this project.
3. Start adding your flowers on with hot glue. Since these wreaths aren’t as thick as wreaths from Michaels, I opted for hot glue instead of wire so it would be easier to cover up.
4. If adding longer vines or flowers, make sure to tuck and pin in the vines along the way.
5. Keep adding flowers until you are finished! Embellish with any additional add-ons as you see fit. I left these two wreaths embellishment free.
All in all, I used four types of flowers on this wreath )with plenty left over in each bunch), so this adorable wreath cost me $5 to make.
It will be a perfect Fourth of July decoration with hints of blue in addition to the red and white.
My next wreath was a fall-themed wreath. I pulled out my bunches of brown, orange, yellow and red flowers. Using the same process, I created this autumn beauty.
This one as a bit more expensive because I used a wider variety of flowers…. let’s say $8. But, considering the wreath I made for my mom probably cost upward of $60, I’d say $8 isn’t too shabby. Is her’s nicer? Yeah. But unless you have them side by side, you’d never know.
What treasures have you found at your local dollar store?