It is a rare occurrence for me to post about food on my blog. Don’t get me wrong, I love food. A lot. Too much, even. But I am not big into cooking elaborate meals, and I’m even less into baking. My meals and treats need to be delicious and quick! Still, my sister and I made the cutest, yummiest, easiest treats for Easter, so I just had to share.
Recipe: Faux chocolate covered pretzels
- Square pretzels
- Hershey Kisses
OK, so like I said, this recipe is super easy. And, it only calls for three ingredients. It’s basically perfect.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Spread your pretzels out on your baking sheet. We used as many pretzels as we had Hershey kisses.
- Unwrap your kisses and place one on top of each pretzel.
- Once all of your pretzels are covered, pop your baking sheet into the oven for about 5 minutes. (We watched ours pretty closely and tried to get Remmy to partake. He wasn’t so interested.)
- Once your kisses look like they are shiny and glazed, take them out of the oven and start adding your m&ms.
- Press down the m&ms so the melty kiss spreads over most of the pretzel.
- Put your baking tray into the fridge to help the chocolate harden again.
- Enjoy your delicious treats!
Our treats were a big hit at our Easter celebration and were the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Next time, I want to try using either a rolo or a caramel-filled kiss and maybe a different type of candy on top. All in all, this whole dessert took 15 minutes from start to finish and was so yummy! If you like chocolate covered pretzels, you should definitely try this out.
I hope you all had a relaxing and wonderful Easter/Passover/weekend!