I’m very excited to actually be moving into our new home this weekend. SO EXCITED.
Tomorrow is a big day for us. We get our refrigerator, space-saver microwave and dryer. Most importantly, the refrigerator. That means we can go grocery shopping again and eat like normal people again! The hubby and I are tired of fast food, so a fridge is going to be a welcome addition to our home.
Sunday we move! We’ve actually moved most of our stuff, so Sunday’s move is us bringing over our big-ticket items, including our bed (yay), kitchen table (yay), couch (yay), etc.
I will certainly have a lot of photos to show you as we actually start living in our new place 🙂
- Glen and Adam (our electrician) installed recessed lighting in the kitchen yesterday. We got CFL daylight bulbs, so it is incredibly bright! We had them put in five cans, so the light is nice and even throughout the kitchen.
- Glen fixed the fireplace, cementing in four bricks from the hearth into the mantel area. The previous owners (or maybe the people even before them) had removed sections of brick to mount the mantel, but they placed the mantel so high up that we decided to redo that portion of the fireplace.
- Glen and Adam are going to be busy today! They are tackling the lighting in the family room, vents in the bathrooms, a shower light in our master bathroom, and all of the other funky electrical work the house needs. Speaking of funky electrical, the outlet for our fridge works now!
- We ordered samples of blinds so we can get some privacy in our house. Hopefully the samples will arrive today.
- We bought paint for our guest bedroom! Yay, more painting!! We picked a color called Mocha Accent to match a beautiful bedding set that my grandma gave us! Thanks, Becky!
Tonight the hubby and I are going to go to the house to check out all of the updates, and then I’m going shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond to find curtains and shower curtains for the house. Once I pick out shower curtains, I can pick out bathroom paint! Yes, I plan on painting every room in our house. I even think I’m going to paint the laundry area downstairs!
In other news, we brought Remmy over to the house again yesterday. He loves his new yard. It was so much fun watching him run around like a crazy man. We had a great time. And, Rem met the neighbors. They’ve been so excited to meet him because they love dogs. I think he stole their hearts.
Once we were finished playing in the yard, I left our basement slider cracked so Remmy could keep going in and out of the house. It was too funny, he’d go out at the basement, then walk up onto the deck and whine at those doors to come in. Clearly, he’s still confused.
I’ll try to post updates this weekend, but I have to imagine we’ll be pretty busy with our move. We’ll see!